What is Email Copy?
Email copy is the written content in all your email campaigns, newsletters, and autoresponders. It’s the heart and soul of your emails and the foundation of your email marketing strategy.
Email copy covers everything from the subject line to the body and call-to-action (CTA). It helps your brand develop positive relationships with your target customers and subscribers. Those relationships build trust, nurturing leads and converting prospects into customers.
Effective email copy can be challenging to come by. A great email needs to evade spam filters, entice a reader to open, and encourage them back to your website or landing page.
Are you a skilled email copywriter? Click here to apply for our talent network.
Email Copy Enhances Your Marketing Strategy
With regular newsletters, email sequences, and value-driven content, you establish credibility that helps your customers make that initial purchase. (And hopefully, many more!)
Email has been – and remains – one of the most effective means to reach and build your audience. That’s why your email copy must be engaging and primed to convert while delivering value.
- 59% of people who responded to a survey about marketing emails say that email influences their purchase decisions directly
- Email is nearly 40x more effective in obtaining new customers than social media.
- Orders placed by customers who receive marketing emails have an average value of 138% higher than orders placed by customers who do not.
Source: Neal Schaffer
Ready to unlock the power of email marketing?
ClearVoice’s Talent Network of 4,000+ vetted freelancers in 200+ industries delivers quality email and newsletter content that helps convert subscribers to customers.
Ready to work with expert freelance email marketers?
Maybe your content team doesn’t have the bandwidth to take on email marketing. Or maybe you don’t have a content team! ClearVoice’s Talent Network of 4,000+ vetted freelancers in 200+ industries delivers quality email and newsletter content to help you reach more customers and convert better.
Frequently Asked Questions
The secret behind great copywriting is the equation of problem plus solution. It’s figuring out a target audience’s real needs and wants, and how your product or service can solve that problem. Writing this type of copy is a specialized skill, and is surprisingly difficult. An effective email copywriter also knows how to tap into an audience’s emotions to build a strong connection with your product or service. And finally, a good email copywriter should be a compelling storyteller that connects with your audience and makes them want to buy.
Once a freelancer has been admitted to the ClearVoice Talent Network, Talent Managers connect them with the customers best suited for their industry, pay rates, and experience. Freelancers who develop strong relationships with their Talent Managers and customers through their ratings and quality of work can ensure they are hired time and again.
Once a freelancer has been admitted to the ClearVoice Talent Network, Talent Managers will pair them with the customers best suited for their industry, pay rates, and experience.
Freelancers who develop strong relationships with their customers through their ratings and quality of work can ensure they are hired repeatedly.
The ClearVoice Talent Network has a thorough application process to vet freelancers seeking to work with ClearVoice. To be considered complete, each CV Portfolio requires a minimum of six work samples, areas of expertise, and examples of published work. Then the portfolio is reviewed by the ClearVoice Talent Team for approval before the freelancer is admitted to the Talent Network. Once writers work within the platform, those who regularly update their CV Portfolio with new publications and correctly-tagged content will appear higher in search rankings for easy matching with customers.
Here are some examples of different email marketing campaigns:
- Welcome sequence – Emails sent to new subscribers to introduce your brand and establish a relationship
- Drip campaign – Automated emails sent at preset intervals and triggered by specific actions. They nurture leads and onboard new customers
- Newsletters – Regularly scheduled emails that keep subscribers informed about the latest news and updates with your brand
- Abandon cart recovery – Automated emails that offer assistance to customers who added items to their cart but did not complete their purchase
- Promotional campaigns – Emails showcasing special offers, discounts, or product launches
- Re-engagement sequence – Email campaigns targeting inactive subscribers to win them back
Regardless of type, effective email marketing takes meticulous planning and strategic execution.